Quote of the Week

"It is with our passions, as it is with fire and water, they are good servants but bad masters"

Aesop

Sunday 8 February 2009

Where are we with female sexuality?

I have to do some more research into the workings of the female orgasm. I wonder if I could get a research grant. The problem is that I am not very scientifically minded, though I have to admit that if anything could get me interested in science, it is probably this subject.

How and why? There are plenty of how why questions.

Whilst many of the ‘how’ and ‘why’ questions are scientific in nature, there are as many that are more anthropological in focus. Here are just a few that spring to mind as I write.

Why do I cum so vociferously on some occasions and not at all on others?

How come I can finger myself in exactly the same spot as my lover, in more or less the same way, yet I do not ejaculate or cum as quickly and as thoroughly as when he does it?

Why are people so dismissive of a vaginal orgasm when I know it happens?

Why have there been no scientific studies into the phenomenon of the female orgasm that has once and for all dismissed the doubters and acknowledged the power of the pussy?

Why don’t people talk about this yet are relatively prepared to discuss the male orgasm and male masturbation with less anxiety or embarrassment?

These are just a few that are springing to mind at the moment, but there are many others. What actually happens to my body that causes the great gushes that I sometimes experience? Who else has experienced this?

Of course, in my humble and mostly unscientific mind, I am fascinated by the connection between the physical, the spiritual, the intellect and the emotional.

If you consider my second bullet point, I think it is a very good example of how sexuality is essentially about the amalgam of intelligences working simultaneously to create the most sensual state of being.
I lie in bed and I gently stroke my pubes, smoothing them and straightening my hairs in a downward direction before gently rubbing the head of my clitoris until I can feel its bony-like growth that directs my brain to direct my fingers further towards my labia and enter into my pussy to feel the great mounds of body parts that are extending and pushing at my touch. I stretch into my pussy with two or three fingers and feel how excited I am becoming. I rub deep inside and feel a growing pressure of liquid and arousal. I rub hard and I can feel myself beginning to cum.
I cum.

It happens and it is wonderful. Sexual arousal is available to anyone who chooses to masturbate in this way. It is a physical act that reminds the mind of previous occasions of arousal. It is a physical act that can be initiated by a thought or a picture or a piece of writing. So of course, even with masturbation, there are other intelligences coming into play.
However, thoroughly mind-blowing sex, the type that sends you into a sartorial state of wonderment and bliss, the type that almost disables you from any cognitive or physical functioning, the type that overwhelms you so that the only single thing that you can think about is the totality of sexual climax happens when all of those intelligences are working simultaneously to transport you into a world that every person has a right to find themselves in.

And this, for me, cannot happen with masturbation. Well, you can be overwhelmed, subsumed by an orgasm, you can feel washed out and delighted by such an orgasm but it is not the same as when there is a concentration of these intelligences working together in the company of another.
As I said, I am no scientist but surely it would be an extremely interesting experiment to see what precisely happens in these differing circumstances.

I could be wrong, I could be naïve but whilst I accept that it is perfectly possible to have a divine orgasm through masturbation or by having sex with someone that you are not emotionally involved with, I am totally convinced that you cannot reach the heights of completeness and utter fulfilment without that connection, without each of the intelligences urging one another on, working collaboratively, intertwining to get the absolute out of mind, body and soul.

Returning to my second bullet point, I can physically get myself to orgasm. I can do it readily and regularly and it is a delight. Yet it takes time. I have to concentrate on the stimulus to transfer the initial thought or trigger into an actual orgasm. Conversely, when he pushes his fingers into my cunt and touches me in exactly the same place, in exactly the same way as I have learned to touch myself, it has a dramatically different effect. It can’t just be down to the physical difference in the size of our fingers or the fact that he has more experience of doing this, although I do not deny that he is more adept at this than me. What actually happens though is that my mind takes me to a different place. My mind is being fucked simultaneously with his fingers sliding further inside me, so that by the time he reaches the special place that triggers a release of sexual juices, I am already thinking, remembering, feeling, adoring, anticipating, desiring, wanting, needing, hoping. And this in turn, with its engagement of all intelligences makes me spunk like nothing on earth. The gushing of the juices is a physical indication of how incredibly aroused I am. I look up and see the utter joy in his eyes and I look down and see what all of this is doing to his awaiting cock and I am fulfilled.
By the time he holds his cock in hand ready to push it inside me, I am so far gone in my sexual arousal that even thinking about him entering me spirals my mind into more excitement, more eager anticipation, so that as soon as he is inside me, I can cum all over his shaft pretty quickly, and feel more juices throbbing out of me, soaking his hard, aroused balls.

Yes, someone really has to do some research on total, fulfilled sex. Maybe it is only when there is a complete acknowledgement of this pinnacle of sexuality that we can persuade people not to settle for second best. I really think people should be far more aspirational about their sexuality but how can they be aspirational if that have no idea as to what they are aspiring to?

This is what we should be telling young people, and we really need people to be far more honest about this link between mind and body fucks. Though of course, this is assuming a few things. Firstly, that people are actually experiencing this glorious sex, and secondly that they have any understanding of the three dimensions of intelligence. Thirdly, there is an assumption that people have the ability to convey this message in a clear and precise way, and one could argue that how can you really convey the uniqueness and the totality of sartorial sex. It truly is indescribable. You have to feel it, experience it, believe in it.

As I said there are plenty of other questions. What makes me more cummy on some days than others? How can I produce more liquid on one day than another when my state of arousal and excitement appear to me to be constant? I simply do not know the answer to this, though I do think that the mere enjoyment of seeing oneself spunk in such quantities seems to trigger a greater arousal, and consequently more spunk – again, an example of where the mind is working hard to ensure you have the very best sexual experience.

And then there’s the vaginal orgasm. Many people believe that is not physically possible to have a vaginal orgasm and that in actual fact, what people think is a vaginal orgasm is in fact a stimulation of the clitoris. I am not knowledgeable enough to know precisely how the clit and vagina connect to answer that one but I do know that there are significant differences in the feeling that overwhelms your body when you have a clitty cum compared with a vaginal cum. Both are wonderful, yet ever so slightly different in the intensity.

However, that is for another piece of research. The point is, dear world, that there is such a thing as a vaginal cum and I had about seven of them consecutively yesterday – or was it just one, long, ongoing orgasm – another piece of research.

And now onto my final point.

I am totally convinced that male dominance is the cause of the inept amount of detailed study into the phenomenon of female sexuality. If only men could open their eyes and realise that having sex with a sexually fulfilled woman would enhance male sexuality beyond their wildest imaginations. Oligarchs, professors, doctors, scientists, powerful people of the world, think about this one. What single act of goodness could the world engage in to make it a better place? When do people feel most satisfied, most natural, most appeased? The answer for most is sex.
Sex as a pacifist tool? Worth thinking about.

If sex can be the calming influence on the world that I think it has the potential of being, then really there should be a very considered approach to looking at it more intently. If males are pacified and absorbed by sex, then surely exploring female sexuality can only make this abundantly better? It really is not a question of either or.
I think that there are some people who are so concerned that telling the truth about the female orgasm would result in a major growth in sexual tools and the man’s dick would not be as needed.
How wrong can you be? Personally, I would have a cock in me whenever possible. I would throw that purple thing away if I could have continual access to a cock and a finger that sends me into oblivion whenever I wanted.

I am being slightly flippant but I do think this is something that should be considered. I believe that people are a little frightened of female sexuality which is why we do not know enough about ejaculations. A fear of the unknown can create all sorts of urban myths and misunderstanding. It can make a woman who cums feel abnormal and a woman who doesn’t cum unsure of what she should be seeking.

Equality in sexuality can make the experience for all so much more rewarding and enjoyable, and we really need to understand female sexuality to enable this to happen.
And here is a little theory. The male orgasm is functional. Without it, we would not be able to procreate. We need that spurt of cum to make us. That is why there are more studies on men’s cum, more acceptance of male masturbation, more understanding of its function. Women’s cum is deemed not to be functional to the same extent. I am now arguing that in a world where we as human beings evolve and continue to do so, then we should look at the function of the female orgasm in a different, evolving way.

It may not have the physical function of procreation. We know that. This is an intellectual fact. But in our recognition of the differing and equal functions of intelligence, surely the female orgasm has an equal place in the world. It may not procreate but it has the potential to be a major participant in the development of human spirituality. Intellect is required. Biological knowledge is necessary but if sex is going to be fulfilling and divine, the mind and soul as well as the body need to function. I would argue that an acknowledgement and understanding of the female orgasm could be a real breakthrough into the development of spiritual intelligence that would deem it to have as much significance as the procreation potential of male sperm.
Okay, I know this needs some work, but it is a starting point for a discussion.

Last night, I was watching Gavin and Stacey, and bizarrely, it gave me a little hope.
There was a section where the two main characters were out house-hunting and they bumped into a couple of lads, one of whom was the glorious and clever James Corbin – whose character is called Smithy.
They were shouting from street level up to a block of flats, and the mate was saying that Smithy was so desperate for sex that he had managed to knock four out in a single evening. Gavin responded to say that he knew because Smithy had text him to say he’d had his fourth productive wank of the evening. Smithy apologised to Stacey, saying that these were not the type of conversations that were appropriate to the ears of a young woman.
Dear Stacey replied. “Don’t worry Smithy, I’m so bored at the moment that I knocked three out just whilst watching ‘Cash in the Attic’”.

Wonderful, The shock and horror on the faces of the three males on the television screen was mirrored by the shock and horror on the faces of the males who were watching it with me!
Admittedly, one of them might not have thoroughly understood what was going on but the others were just a little nonplussed. Meanwhile, I am rolling about in complete hysteria at the delightfulness of this young girl’s frankness about her sexuality.

And it is this that gives me hope. It was delivered in such a matter of fact manner that maybe the younger people of the world are more acknowledging and appreciative of the female orgasm.
Thank goodness that there are the likes of Ruth Jones and James Corbin, writers of distinction, that are prepared to be upfront in a prime slot television programme. And thank goodness the BBC still have people who are not as prudish as some of their recent behaviour has suggested.
It is through normalisation in programmes such as these, that the world can begin to see, begin to question and begin to desire more information about what precisely young Stacey was talking about.

As ever, all of this talk about sex has made me very moist.
Re-reading certain sections has made me extremely aroused. I just hope it does the same for the reader as well as allow a careful consideration and more thought about that very important subject of female sexuality.

No comments: