Quote of the Week

"It is with our passions, as it is with fire and water, they are good servants but bad masters"

Aesop

Monday 7 September 2009

Sex and Science

From time to time, I do like to search the internet for proof that I am not pissing on my partner’s pubes. It’s a long but not laborious task in trying to find some actual scientific proof that the female ejaculate is different from urine.

But I still find it incredible that this has not been resolved once and for all.

It’s not that I really need to be told. I have my own experiences. I know that what I emit from my juicy one doesn’t smell like urine. It doesn’t have the same sensation as pissing and there is clearly a build up of all sorts of intricate parts of my inner body that assure me that something very different is happening.

And not to put too crude a point on this issue, I have tasted it. I have licked my own fingers having had a gushing wank. I have taken a cock in my mouth which is smothered in my juices and tasted that sexiness.
Not that I have tasted my own pee, of course, but I am sure it does not taste as sweet.

So, getting back to Wilhelm Reich, I have only done a meagre amount of research on him over the years. The thing that I am completely fascinated by is that his major work was written in 1940.
I rather like the fact that he was continuing with this important piece of research in the middle of the catastrophes of World War Two because even though the countries and towns of Europe were being bombed to smithereens, he still felt that sex was too important to be overlooked.
He even stated quite categorically how important the human orgasm was to our wellbeing, and considering the time of writing, this was pretty damn thoughtful.

The other thing that fascinates me is that this work was done nearly seventy years ago and still the work has not been finished and Reich’s work has still not been mainstreamed as far as his thinking.
More to the point, there are many aspects of what he started that have not even been researched properly.

I wish he was still alive. I find it very difficult to imagine that he would have happily sat by and allowed this confusion over the female orgasm to continue. I am sure that Reich would have readily participated in some very careful scientific theory on the subject. I think he would have happily participated for his own personal pleasure too. He knew a thing or too about the force of sex, even though much of his work was based on theory rather than tried and tested scientific experimentation.

I would love to have talked to him, not just about sexuality but about all of his theories. I really like the idea of someone understanding so clearly the huge impact that sex has on our lives.

Anyway, whilst looking around once more for some living proof that the female ejaculation is indeed a wonderful source all of its own, I discovered some other scientific research on sexuality …… or so I thought!

A good piece of synchronicity, I thought, in more ways than one!
I discovered something about using MRI scans to ascertain some ground breaking information about sex.

See it in action below
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17662-human-sex-from-the-inside-out.html

The objective for this experiment was as follows.
To find out whether taking images of the male and female genitals during coitus is feasible and to find out whether former and current ideas about the anatomy during sexual intercourse and during female sexual arousal are based on assumptions or on facts.

The conclusion to this piece of dramatic scientific experiment was this.
What started as artistic and scientific curiosity has now been realised. We have shown that magnetic resonance images of the female sexual response and the male and female genitals during coitus are feasible and beautiful; that the penis during intercourse in the "missionary position" has the shape of a boomerang and not of an S as drawn by Dickinson; and that, in contrast to the findings of Masters and Johnson, there was no evidence of an increase in the volume of the uterus during sexual arousal.

Wow! I can rest well in bed tonight with the conclusions from this masterpiece!
See the rest of this bewilderment here!
http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/319/7225/1596

It is the most mind-numbingly bizarre piece of writing I have read in a long time.
Apparently, the women involved reported that they had no G spot and did not ejaculate during penetrative sex. Of the 11 women in the experiment, which basically entailed fucking in a tunnel, 8 of them said that they had a superficial orgasm. It said that the uterus rises during stimulation but does not increase in size during penetration.
It goes on. You really must read it!

There are all sorts of sequential facts about what happens to the body during sex but nothing, for me about “whether former and current ideas about the anatomy during sexual intercourse and during female sexual arousal are based on assumptions or on facts” other than the bleeding obvious!
There are no facts about female cum. I’m not even sure they had real women in that tunnel thing! I bet they didn’t have forty year olds at the alleged height of their sexuality.

The point of all this, albeit short piece of writing is that this is not good enough.
I know how my body moves around when I am aroused. I can bloody well feel it and if I am lucky enough, I will have someone poking a video camera down there so that I can actually see it for myself at a later time. Unlike the women in the experiment, I am pretty damn sure that I have a G-Spot because it spurts into life when it is caressed. I’m pretty damn sure that all the movement of inflation in the uterus happens when I am aroused too. The swelling induced from some careful finger fucks or delightful fist fucks is something I am well aware of, especially when it is swiftly followed by a hard cock rubbing on those beautifully stimulated parts of my body.
I don’t need to have sex in an MRI scanning machine to tell me that but I’d really quite like to have something look at what happens to the inside of my body when I ejaculate.

I wonder what Wilhelm Reich would have done with all this technology. I doubt if he would have been satisfied with this sort of stuff, sixty years after his Orgone work.

More later, bed now!

No comments: