Quote of the Week

"It is with our passions, as it is with fire and water, they are good servants but bad masters"

Aesop

Monday 6 December 2010

The Last Taboo

The Last Taboo

Oh dear. The world is in shock again. Two grown men, both in their fifties have accidentally used the C word on national radio.
“These instances involved a slip of the tongue during a live broadcast, and we apologise for any offence caused”, said a BBC spokesperson.

I love it! Dear Auntie! They don’t even realise when they are exacerbating the situation. Personally, I think the phrase “slip of the tongue” and the word “cunt” go rather gloriously together.
Am I the only person with a one tracked mind that automatically thinks of the sexual? I doubt it.

There are undoubtedly plenty of bloggers furiously commenting on these faux pas (don’t know the plural) of the day. Most will be sniggering in gleeful amusement. Others will comment on the wonderful Freudian nature of the slips, implying that the Tory Minister is indeed a “c***”. Some will be horrified about the use of the word in public.
As they mentioned on Channel 4, it really is the last taboo; “the highly offensive word”!

So I am inclined to ask the question once more. Why?
Why is the word “cunt” so much of an unmentionable?

I have written about the subject before so for those of you who have not yet looked at my backlog of writing, I shall reiterate this point once more.
I genuinely believe that the word “cunt” needs rescuing from its tawdry status as the most reviled word in the English language. I also believe that it is probably seen as such a taboo word because society has yet to cope with the fact that female genitalia exists, even though the vast majority pass through this vital area in order to be born.
Not Macduff, of course or those with mothers that are “too posh to push”. They’re allowed to be more prudish about the cunt but the rest of us should get over it. Now!

The cunt is the most incredible piece of my body. I am told, and I have felt around for myself, that my cunt has beautiful folds and intricate details that soften and become erect according to its state of arousal. It is tender and sponge-like whilst simultaneously stiffening and ejaculating. I mean, how marvellous is that? It is succulent and juicy. It smells sexual. It excites. It is instinctive.
I am rather proud of my cunt and I am rather happy to have someone tell me that they want to see my cunt.
I am not appalled by the use of this word. In actual fact, it was one of the things that I found particularly attractive and horny about my lover when I first met him. He wasn’t remotely concerned about using the word even though he was aware of political correctness and asked me if it was okay to describe my pinky pussy in this way.
I think my response was not in words as my cunt exploded and splattered him with a response of its own.

It’s all rather Carry On-like isn’t it? Haven’t we grown up from the titillation of Barbra Windsor’s bra being flung from her in the Camping episode?
Take a look at a previous blog of mine and I commented on a friend who witnessed the lack of control when a young person mentioned the word “vagina”. Had he used the C word instead, I am sure he would have been ejected pretty promptly from the classroom whilst his peers would have been peeing themselves laughing.

My Naughtie today could not contain his laughter. He had made an error and then, with his colleagues, it all became a bit of a joke.
Now I am not saying that there is anything wrong with this as such. I’m all for childish smut and a bit of fun but sometimes I really do wish that the word “cunt” was accepted as an appropriate word to use on the radio without everyone dashing into a fit of giggles.
Wouldn’t it be great if someone could use the word “cunt” in the right context without either a plethora of complaints or a splattering of hysterics?

Just my little consideration for the day.

No comments: